Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kunming-Shilin












My dear friends out there......,

Sorry, for not writing for sometime, as it is rather busy schedule for me. Just a quick note here.
Shilin is actually very beautiful place, you can see from the pictures later on, it is in the world heritage list. It is very beautiful, and weather was perfectly fine when I visited it.
It is about 1.5 hours away by taxi from Kunming city. Our tour guide was a local tribe-girl, and she wants us to call her as Ashima (for guys, she refers us as Aheige), interesting isn't it.
They eat a lot of chilli (sambal style, tanpa belacan) and with soup.
Though the local people are very nice, I find their dialect a bit odd and "noisy" (sorry, no offense intended). They love to talk a lot and tend to talk non-stop :), and enjoy life is it goes.
By the way, the entrance fee to this 'stone jungle (石林) is quite expensive at RMB 140/entry.
And they have lots of fruits and flowers which I bought some, for my apartment (now, full of flowers in the house, blooming and different fragrances around, which makes my day (nite), especially when I am tired from the office job-load.

Ok for now, and to share more late.
Choong, 10 March 2009, Beijing







No comments: