Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour-Love Our Mother Earth



I apologise for not finding the time to post anything earlier on this 'Earth Hour', but anyhow, I think I should at least write a simple article about it.
I am glad to say that I did, finally participate in this, tonite (though basically, I am proud to say that I practice this almost every day, for example, I try to walk more instead of using taxi, using subway if there is such a facility nearby, and only use electricity whenever necessary. Even during very cold winter months, I did not even switch on the heater, one thing is I do not the heat, and most importantly, I think it consumes too much energy).
Anyway, back to this 1 hour went by very fast. During the whole one hour, I did some sit-ups, and some simple yoga-steps, and the final 15 minutes, I was recalling my early childhood, where life was so simple, from the time electricity was not available yet at our place, living in a big house with big family members, and we were very eco-friendly, energy saving. As technology progresses, life becomes more and more convenient, with lots of new facilities/new inventions, but at the same time, we used and also wasted a lot of energies, in the name of 'better life'. I think every body has to put in a little effort, every day to help the world, to help out mother Earth. We cannot tax her too much, let her rest a bit occasionally.
Happy Earth hour and nite from Beijing.

Choong, Beijing, 10.56pm

No comments: