Sunday, January 3, 2016

Okinawan Trip-Part 1


Have been talking about coming here for a long time and finally I made it, though I have been to Japan main islands many time before and visiting here is like completing a Japanese journey, from Hokkaido, to Honshu, to Shikoku, Kyushu and finally, the final southern most prefecture, Okinawa.

Before I came, I always imagine it to be like Hawaii....but too early to say anything cause I have not ben to the seaside as yet. It is beautiful place, but I find that the transportation here not as good as in mainland Japan. May be they cannot build a full coverage of Subways because of the population size, close to 1.4 millions spreading over the whole big island....so this is something I find it hard to accept as my image of Japan is always good with subways, in any part of the city you go to....hence this is slightly different anyway. And you see USA army camps, it is huge in sizes.... I saw two along the way to Katsuren Castle.

One thing I observe that, some of the locals really look like our Polynesian friends, ,...the features.
Food here so far taste okay and price is about the same as mainland Japan....but the locals are very helpful and polite. And today, the bus driver helped me a lot.....I appreciate his efforts....

Too early to make any conclusion here, just a thought to record down my experience so far.
Oh yeah another thing is, weather is gloomy, hope tomorrow, the sun will be kind enough to show up just for a whole for me to take some nice pictures,,,,perhaps, we never know, life is always good to me...thanks and nite.


I like this figurines honestly speaking and will consider bringing a set home for sure

The bus is almost empty and using buses here are tiring.
Katsuren Castel, majestic and beautiful
I love this custom-made pair of sandal
Walking along Kokusai street for window shopping
The dessert that I like
The OKi card for all modes of transportation
Mercure hotel

Local apples and oranges
Local oranges


Choong 
Mercure hotel
NAHA, Okinawa (Tsubogawa station)

No comments: