Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Okinawa.....my walking journey



I seldom record the details of my walking distance..but now with proper software it is very easy to do so. And you know, if I am not in a rush, usually when I am traveling alone, I like to explore the city by walking... And for the last few days, or starting 2nd, my arrival date, around 6PM when I reached hotel, I managed to cover close 8.77km (mainly around Kokusai area), the on the 3rd, I went to Katsuren Castle, and most of the time I was in the bus until on the way back, I again walk another part of the city, covering Meibashi area and if not because of the rain, I would have walked more. Then on 4th, I was walking a lot, mainly around Suriyo castle area, and from Suriyo I walked to Shikinaen, a kind of achievement for me. And today, the 5th, almost the finale day (tomorrow I might only have a few hours, hence I do not think there will be much walking)...I walked around the beach area-Naminoue, then I walked until Pacific hotel area, then back to Kokusai street, to Tsuboya Pottery Village and again, I walked from Tsuboya Village back to my hotel, that is Mercure at Tsubogawa...it must be a kind of super achievement for me...haha.

And to have met a local Japanese friend during my walk around Naminoue beach, Mr. Kunio Shimabukuro who has been very courteous and nice and I have invited him to visit Penang when he has the free time to do.
And I am very much happy, contented and feel very blessed....

I am....

Sincerely....

No comments: