Sunday, January 31, 2016

BKK, before the trip home for CNY holidays 2016


Every time, during CNY holidays, if I happen to use Thai airways, I will usually stop by here in Bangkok, a kind of "rituals", and this year is no exception.

First I just want to talk about the hotel I stay, Ibis hotel Nana...The hotel is good, but the location is not, hence in future, this will not be the place for me. The road leading to the hotel is so messy, and dirty, and if u are walking along the street with your luggage, there is no walkway or pavement, and you have to fight the space with the public vehicles moving along the road. Though I would agree that the atmosphere at nite time could be fun, if you like bars, pubs, drinking and girls, they have plenty here.
One thing I have been observing most of the times, I think westerners or foreigners like to visit these kind of places...I am not sure why, possibly these places offer them what their home place could not, for example, cheap beer, cheap and tasty good, with lots of girls and ladies surrounding them...There is nothing wrong for sure, as where is the demand, there is the supply, and that is what making BKK special in this sense. But u can see lots of the tourists, most of them westerners frequenting these places. Do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong, but I am just amazed sometimes, at how it attracts so many tourists....I am just curious sometimes, and if I can do a survey to understand why, it could be kind of interesting for me... was it the cheap beer, was it the comfortable environment, was it the "worth every cents of your money  versus food, versus services, was it because of the comfort the places give to the visitors, was it the sex service, was it the girls and ladies....
I like the overall feel for sure, kind of like it is a place where you can do what you like and nobody just care about what you want to do....do as u like within the laws, and spend your money on what you like to so, kind of freedom I guess.

And putting that aside, for this trip, somehow, I do not feel so much excited on the shopping that I did, or things that I bought. I mean the feeling is different, from the past....perhaps I do not get too attached to the material stuffs...but for sure I am happy to buy things I want and can afford too.. but I do feel more happy if I can get some stuffs for my family members of friends....it gives more a kind of satisfaction, a balance feel for me.

I love Bangkok, somehow, it is not perfect, but it shows a lot about us human beings, about survival in this kind of environment, about finding ways to work and make money, on being self dependent, on using all your capabilities, ....a lot, I do not know if I say it gives opportunity for you to reflect yourself is right, but I begin to have this kind of feeling more and more. And begin to also ask the purpose of life......a lot to do with the Buddhism topics I am trying to understand, learn and discover too.
Thank you Bangkok, for all these.


The road to the hotel, and this is Sukhumvit soi 4, nite time it is very busy with lots of bars and pubs and massage parlour
The food gourmet at Siam Paragon, I like this place a lot cause it is where I can get the best good in one stop...and around Siam Square, there are plenty of good restaurants at reasonable prices too



Gifts for ?
Clothes and other accessories that I shopped


Choong
IBIS hotel, Nana
BKK, Thailand
31st Jan 2016

No comments: