Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Personal View Only

Of late, I commented more often in face books on some issues I feel I should comment, as a Malaysian.

MB-Selangor... Although I am not a Selangorian, but being a frequent visitor to Selangor and having spending the last 8-9 months in Malaysia alone, I have been observing and would like to write down my points of view here.

1) Right until now, there are many MPs from PKR and a big number of PKR members, including some from DAP and PAS are asking for his resignation. And the reason the have given... if there are any, often sound to me a bit weird or invalid.
Until now, I still do not know why is he being asked to leave? If they have the valid reasons, for example, if he cannot perform his tasks well, he is negligent, he is a womaniser, proof of corruptions...but until now, I hear nothing, so I am not sure why he was being ask to vacate his seat.

2) The way he has been asked is very impolite, I mean he is a member of PKR, he is a MB, he is a senior citizen, he is a leader, and why people do not show him the proper respect due. And if people can say I have not absorb enough Malay culture (adat sopan santun Melayu, which I think I have enough), then what about those who, those real Malay party members and leaders --don't they need to show their adat kesopanan a bit. Please do not treat yang berhormat like a criminal.

3) As I said I am not a politician, and I am not a Selangorian, but an person who supports fairness (the fullest, as they say the world will never be fair, esp political world)...to those who want him to be replaced please let us know why (I am curious and I am not a politician for sure) and I trust there are a group of people who wants to know the reason too.

4) And on the proposal to have Puan Wan Azizah to lead and take over, then please let us know how capable of her to lead a state, putting aside whether a lady can be actually the MB of Selangor, that to me is secondary. But until now, I have not really seen her leadership in full manner, let alone, her mgt skills to manage a state like Selangor. Convince us why the replacement is needed, first of all, then convince us that Puan Wan Azizah is the right candidate for this MB post, assuming her gender is not a problem for Selangor state.

5) I read an article, could be that my understanding is improper, and it says something like this, that the PKR of Selayang mentioned the MB has to leave because the MB has failed to lead Selangor to become a role model state...Pardon me sir, what is that suppose to mean. First of all, what is a model state, which state by PR is a model state at this stage of time? Penang? It has improved a lot in the island, but over in Butterworth, there are still much room to improve further. Just take a look at the drain/longkang in BM high school area...Ok, I am not going to touch the details here at this moment. Now coming back to the statement by Selayang PKR leader.. I am not sure if this person is the MP for Selayang, but I have a question to ask, as I understood Selayang parliamentary seat is under PKR. Sir, let me ask you this question, is Selayang or has Selayang been the role mode parliamentary seat in Selangor, kindly enlighten us? If that has not been done, why and does it mean also you need to vacate your seat. The reason I asked as being a frequent visitor here, almost at least 2 weeks staying at my sister's place in Selayang, I think Selayang is very dirty. Just go to around pasar borong are, or the whole stretch of buildings where a lot of foreign workers stay, kindly visit and take a look. Or the shop lots (many restaurants in this location) condition near Selayang Jaya, esp at nite time, they have many stalls selling food. Kindly check and let us know if that is hygiene enough, clean enough. I used to joke with my sister, that the small town around Kluang area (you will pass by this part when you drive to Mersing/Pulau Tioman) and it is much cleaner than Bandar Selayang.
And of all, I cannot fanthom why this is being used as a reason for the need of TSK to vacate his seat, I think it is not solid enough.

6) At this stage of time, I think a lot of media might also provide their own stories, but from my understanding, TSK has done a lot, like the water deal. I am not sure exactly on the Kidex issue at this moment...I am waiting to know the details more. But a MB who saves a lot of money for the state, I think it is getting very rare. But of course I hope he will invest more in the infrastructure by working closely with the federal government to improve further Selangor state... esp Selayang area...haha. I think Selayang has a lot of potentials and a lot of space that need further improvements.

Anyway, I hope Selangor can come out with the right answer as soon as possible. The way this issue is being handled, I have a big question mark on their capability of manage the country, as they keep on saying that Putrajaya is their target. I think first of all, manage well and lead well the states that are under your care.

I have written before, and I still have the same opinion. A good state leader is someone who cares for the rakyat, who cares for for the state, who will sacrifice himself for the benefit of the rakyat and the state is all aspects.

This is my general opinion only and I am writing this down in my personal blog for my own reference only, in the future. a few years from now, I would like to recap what has taken place and what is the solution that has taken place and whether my understanding and belief at this stage of time is correct and in right perspective.

Sincerely,
Choong SH

No comments: