Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Daimaru, Japan

I am in Tokyo now, and one thing I have been doing is my shopping, as I only have close to 4 hours before my dinner appointment with colleague and my new Boss. So, rushing from one place to another. I got a pair of suit, two pieces of shirts from "The Suit Company", the latest Autumn collection, and then move to my favourite, that is the Daimaru. I got my Burberry as usual, as they have the design only meant for Japanese market, and I love it. Pictures will be shared later. Anyway, the point I want to write here is what, as I was shopping, and one my final leg, that is to claim back the tax return, I realised I had misplaced my wallet,,,,,,,,,of all the things, how could I. But sometimes, you know, when I go out for shopping, I will hold my wallet, not that I want to let them see my LV wallet, Kan, in Japan, every one is holding one, but I think it is easier to hold it like that, as I can use my credit card easily, and at that time I was preparing to the tax department, claiming my VAT, BUT sebab mata kita ini gatal, dah nampak barang cantik, tangan pun naik gatal. On the way to this so called tax department, I saw two bags, so, i pun try la kan. And you know in Japan, esp in DAIMARU, the sales lady are very polite and they asked my to try the bags, so, grabbed the chance, left my things near a table counter, and went to the mirror. After trying out for a while, I decided the bags were not for me, then I just left........JUST LEFT, and I carry my other bag and those stuff that I purchased but left my wallet on the table in one of the biggest mall at Tokyo station. Imagine my horror, and after walking so cool, to the tax department, I realised my handbag, it is lighter than usual, maklum la kan, I tahu berapa berat bag aku. And I panic la, running up and down, sweating like hell, even though it is well airconditioned. And I lost the direction, where to, and luckily I managed to cool down, and trace back to the last counter I did my purchase. The whole sales ladies also got panicked, and I was almost going mad. My passport is very important for me, kan. And they try to call an English speaker so that they can understand me. ANd first question, what is the wallet you carried? I told them, it is Louis Vuitton, easier for them to pronounce here, as everyone has one Louis Vuitton in Japan kan............ And suddenly my memory comes back, and I recalled where I last left my wallet, and thank goodness, I quickly ran over to the counter where I left it. The sales lady was also trying to call their security department, and when she saw me, she was very happy, and I am the happiest of all. And I am writing this, means every thing is fine, and I need to be extremely careful with my carelessness (my sister says lun chun....). And thanks to Daimaru staff, they are very fast in acting, and thanks to the sales lady for taking care and returning my wallet. Zen zen domo arigatou....!!!! Choong Tokyo 25 September 2012.

No comments: