Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Read This Email

Dear XXXX,

For S&M meeting on Feb 4th and 5th, we plan to have a team building dinner in Feb 4th night. The budget for this dinner is roughly X,XXXRMB. And after that Mr. XXXXX would like to go to Karaoke and dance with our team members. I tentatively apply for another 3,000RMB for Karaoke session. So totally, I want to apply for a reserve fund of 8000RMB, and we'll try to keep the expense within this budget.

You see, when we have a S&M function, then we organise some team building activity, and don't we include the possible expenses into this so called budget, otherwise, what is the meaning of budgeting, right? And here you are, my assistant and secretary, wrote this email. How I felt, when I switched on my bb, I was fuming, but then I have to keep cool, cause I was still inside the plane. And I cannot call immediately, right, cause I need to go to the loo. Then, the timing was right, waiting for my baggage, so, it was time to call and you know, I guess a lot of passengers were looking at me. Oops, I guess I have almost lost my patience during that time. This is one issue that made me so mad, really mad. I really cannot comprehend this. And for sure this morning, a big 'bashing' from me.

And after this, a mail from this assistant, which reads as follows:

Dear Mr. Choong,
Every time you talked to me, I learned a lot. Thank you very much.


Anyway, whether they really meant this or not, it is not important for me, for now. This is China anyway:)

Choong, Beijing

1 comment:

boniourkee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.