Thursday, February 25, 2010

Penang

I wanted to write a bit of this, but haven't found much time to do so. But since I have a few more minutes to go, it will be good to write this.
While having my CNY break, I was talking with some friends back home, and prior to that, reading some articles related to Penang, both local and overseas (like traveling magazines), and I can see much improved comments. As I said many times, over, I am not a politician and not interested to be one. But I would like to see, like many other Penangites, that Penang prospers and improve day by day. A few weeks before CNY, I have a friend from Beijing visiting Penang, and he was impressed. And another colleague would like to visit Penang, learning about the World Heritage Recognition that we have for now. But overall, the feeling is rather positive, despite some negative news that we see/read in some local newspapers. Being a Penangite myself, and from comments I heard from friends and relatives, I think overall sentiment is good, that Penang is slowly moving in positive trend, and I hope Penang will shine catch up with the time it has lost in terms of development, in all aspects. I remember when we were younger, we always compare ourselves with S'pore and Hongkong, and we always wanted to be near these two cities, whenever facilities, development, career opportunities, and government efficiencies are mentioned. Not forgetting the foods we offer, hotels, good touristy attractions, etc etc. I felt proud when some foreign friends or customers visiting Penang and they found it to very interesting and unique, in many aspects. ANd recently, a HK visitor (comments from a friend) that he found Penang to have improve much better.
Anyway, I just hope the new state government (not so new now:) and Mr. LGE can do more, to help Penang to move forward. And I hope a new Butterworth Ferry/Bus Terminal for a start, will be built soon....it has been too long since we last have a proper one.

Fellow Penang friends, or any visitors to Penang, feel free to comment, if there is any.

Thanks.

Choong,
Changi Airport

1 comment:

JJ said...

Amazing Nancy! please give her a pad from the back.

U r right, rest is all she needs at this moment.