Saturday, July 18, 2015

Florence, Italy

Wow, finally, my trip is close to the end for now.
Florence, heard so much of this place, but first impression upon arrival was this place is very dirty, with rubbish all around...... And the station is quite unfriendly to commuters...I think, to come out, you need to look for the underground elevator to make sure you can walk out easily from from the station without the need to carry your luggage using the steep stair case.

Initial response, the hotel is not so nice, it looks a bit dry for a start, coupled with the rubbish being strewn around and you seem ti be walking around looking for the hotel, as they have a few hotels around this area, under Hotel C club, and this hotel I am staying is just opposite the station.

Going around is also a challenge, as it was hot and I hate to follow exactly the map, so just explore around. And guess what, I walked close to 15 KM on the first day, despite the heat and close to 14 KM for the second day... amazing is it not.
                                          Palazzo Pitti.....The palace as I understood...
Il Bisonte- My doctor bag, always like to have one, and finally got this.. and this pair of shoes, from the local shoe shop called Rive Gauche... I just love the design

Duomo

                                         So hungry when I just arrived and glad that I managed to go into this shop, the lady was so nice and food taste okay.....I was more hungry and thirsty during this time...

There are more pictures and I think enough have been posted. I just want to put some remarks for my own record here.
1) Weather is extremely hot, close to 40 degree C
2) train is without aircond, the regional trains to Pisa Centrale....I almost suffocated. And the same goes for the train station at Florence
3) One thing good in coming during summer months is that the day time is very long and you have a big crowd even at very late nite, it is fun. And I think the final nite where they play the orchestra at Palazzo Vecchio was so fun, and I guess it could be a life time experience, really....you have so many people dancing along and the seeing the crowd enjoying if really something amazing for me...
4) There are many life concerts around in the city which is good, if you are a music fan
5) It might be some summer vacation for people from different countries, hence you can see this city flooded with people.....plenty of them, everywhere.
6) I found that Koreans like this city or in general Italy a lot, besides Japanese. I think chinese are here too, but more in the city of Milan, and they can shop more, haha.

The dancing was fun, enjoyed songs like Dancing queen, Jude, I just called to say I love u,...etc
And I think the food at this restaurant, Pescheria which is near to Hotel Club and I just love the Tiramisu....

OK, enough of Florence. Good memories and I remember that I changed my clothes a few time....

Sincerely,
Choong
Hotel Club
Florence 18 July 2015


No comments: