Sunday, July 19, 2015

Assisi

This is a long story to write...and I think I cannot write so much here....too long to write everything.
I first read about this place and also about St. Francesco from books of Dr. Wayne D. Dyer, if you have followed my blog, you could have already known what I mentioned here.
And since my trip here to Milan for my customer's visit and meeting, I think it will be good to take the opportunity to visit, though it is a bit rush to do so, but I wanted to be here so much...hence the arrangement.
The trip first started with Milano Central, then to Florence Central (Firenze) then using regional train to Assisi. The problem starts with the regional train, I booked a first class ticket, and not only the a/c brokedown, I have to move to second class coach, even then, it was still hot inside (and one problem I think with the air-conditioner of all trains in Italy during summer months, I think it is not able to cool off fast enough, may be they should consult us in SEA on how to make the air cold fast and cool enough (if you go to our malls in SEA, most of us wear a jacket, haha).

Assisi, it was very much a kind of soulful trip, a retreat, an exploration trip, whatever you all that. I was meaningful to sit inside the church and also paying respect to St. Francesco....I went there 3 times, and before I left, I still go back to the church to pay respect. And you know what happened..on the final nite, the whole place I stay (I think the suburbs of Assisi, there was no electric supply and water too, for the whole day till close to 11PM. Initially I was upset, but then, a thought came to my mind, and I was telling myself, may be this is a blessing in disguise and true enough, the idea suddenly came about and telling me to just lie down (just find a place and i found one, next to a bridge)....and I just stare at the sky for 30-40 minutes, looking at the stars, and learn to reconnect to this universe...the feeling was so comfortable and I would like to say, it is kind of magical, mystical....kind of hard to describe..but I am thankful for that moment. And immediately, after I went back to my room, electric came back, and I took my good shower, and went back to sleep.

And out of so many places I been to during this trip, the only place I would like to go back is to Assisi. It is meaningful to be here. And I met also a couple from Denmark, and they booked the hotel for a week.
The hotel is called Country house Tre Esse...and it is about 2.5km from the main Assisi station. One thing good or bad, depends on how you see it, is that, it is not in Assisi (Unesco heritage) town centre. It is in the outskirt, about 400m away from St. Francesco church which means on daily basis, you need to walk uphill and downhill, hence I think during my two days here, I walked close to 30km...can you imagine this, but it was fun.... and exploring the whole town, going from one church to another, visiting one saint to another......
And one restaurant I like, just next to the square....I think the price they charge is reasonable, it is called Otello Ristorante....food is simple and good and price is reasonable. And there is one shop that sells good quality leather shoes...you should visit this shop I think...












Choong
Malpensa
18 July 2015

No comments: