Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Visit To Krabi


This visit was just an impromptu kind of decision, with a friend, and it was decided right after a conversation since I thought I have the "time". But then once that was confirmed, there were a few changes taking place. And I have to fork out RM 300 to change the date and now, right after this, I will be going to Shanghai soon, for a short assignment there. That is another story altogether.
Coming back to this, Krabi, before I landed, and as I was seeing through the window seat, giving me the impression it was quite green and beautiful.. as it was descending, I saw more of Palm trees, and as we landed near the airport, I saw a lot of them, reminding me of KLIA, haha. Airport is a small one, but I find that the toilet is very clean (compared to ours, esp at Penang airport).
Krabi airport is still far away from the town centre and from the hotel I am staying, it is about 45 minutes away.
Sofitel, I think I like this hotel, mainly the swimming pool, I think the longest, swimmable pool that I have seen and used so far. Very nice and I think I will continue using it until the day I leave.
But location wise, it is not the best one as it is far away from many places.....
Having visited another town, Ao Nang, I think they have better location there, and more nicer hotels, like Krabi resort, Thai Village resort,  IBIS, Holiday Inn...to name a few and also nicer restaurants like the Hilltop......
One thing I dislike is that transportation is very expensive here, from hotel to town is Baht 500...for a 20minute ride, I think it is expensive. And you have to negotiate, haha.
Shopping is also very expensive, I prefer to shop in BKK, or Hadyai, and I think the price they quote there, for example, Massage is much cheaper compared to here.
People here are quite nice in my opinion, despite the fact that the weather was gloomy the whole day, and it rained throughout the whole day...
That's all for now...

Choong
Sofitel Krabi

No comments: