Friday, November 27, 2009

Japanese Consulate in Beijing

I never experience such a difficulty in getting my Visa.
In Penang, Malaysia, we can get our Visa within one working day, today you apply, before noon time, the next day, you will be able to get it. Here, it is 4 working days, and the day you submit your application is not considered as working day, so, what is that meant, holiday?
I do not see any terms and conditions in defining this. And when you want to apply for multiple entries Visa, you cannot find any proper rules and terms pertaining to this. The lady standing in the reception counter will dictate and tell you this and that, it is sort of subjecting to her pleasure, whether you can or you cannot, and what you need. And the time taken to process the Visa, is also at her pleasure, like 'yes, your majesty'. I cannot stand this, my question is, what are the actual requirement of this Visa application to Japan, in China for 3rd countries citizens.
On top of that, they limit the visa application and collection time to only 9-11.30am, why? Is this not a form of discrimination. And the last time I went to collect my Visa, they could not even get it ready, and I have to wait for another 40 minutes before I got my Visa, and therefore, my passport.

Honestly speaking, I think they are treating the 3rd foreign countries or citizens the same as local Chinese in their visa vetting procedure.
Secondly, the staff of the local embassy here do not know how to handle most foreigners here, and they treat everyone the same, the needs the same. She even asked me, why do you want to go to Japan, and have you ever been to Japan before (I have been there more than 20 times).
And I think this is a form of discrimination against foreigners staying in Beijing who are in need to apply for Visa here.

I went back to them, as I can only get my Visa on 3rd December, though I applied it today. In my opinion, it is already 5 working days. And the last time, I applied, due to special consideration, they gave my Visa within 3 working days. And this time, I mentioned I need it by 2nd December, this lady said I cannot ask for special consideration every time. Did I?
I need my passport by 2nd December, not because I need to rush to Japan, but I have other business trips.

She has her reasons for sure, but she just dictate her terms and conditions, like the is representing the consulate without listening. This is something I cannot stand.

I will try to write to the consulate, but in China, I doubt my letter will ever reach them at all. Now, I am trying to find out other ways to reach them.

This is a puke day with this lady, niamah!

Choong, Beijing

1 comment:

Devil said...

It's not uncommon for foreigners from 3rd countries been mistreated when applying for a Japanese visa ( business or leisure), especially for Malaysia passport holders. The consulate always act sceptically when they receive applications from a 3rd country foreigner, especially the Japanese consulate.

They are trying to prevent people using "short cuts" to enter Japan. thus, getting a Japan visa will be much easier in M'sia than in any other countries. We have the same 9-11:30am collection time with 5 working days here, and Japan consulate will be closed on local public holidays "AND" Japanese public holidays!

However, I do agree that the Chinese lady is a typical "product" of chinese bureaucracy culture. You are in China... so have to have your patience lah, apa boleh buat?

Wish everything will be smooth for you. Take care!