Saturday, August 24, 2019

Revisit Macao, HK part 2

It has been close to 4 years since my last visit to HK. The last visit was for a business trip and went there together with my ex-colleagues, Zhao JP and Liu GY(though he has passed away for a close to two years plus, but good and sweet memories remain. Actually, there is no attraction or motivation for me to visit HK, other than because of meeting friends or attending concerts, and this time around, it is because of watching Sammi Cheng's concert.
HK to me is just another big expensive crowded metropolitan city and may be, because of age, you tend to not missing this big city (but having said that, I still miss Tokyo, Osaka a lot, so this reason does not really jive or makes sense). May be the city is not attractive to me, for the time being I think.
Anyway, this time around, besides attending concert, I also too the opportunity to meet and catch up with friends.

The first part after arriving to HK is to visit Lamma Island, the Buddha statue, where I visited when I first visit HK like 20 over years ago. THings have changed, and this place, as fasr as I remember was very quite and very hard to access too, during that time, but it seems now, it is so easy but of course with more fees to pay....that is part of tourism I guess.











4














The memorable concert...went there quite early, to have an early dinner, then went to the stadium and saw Sammi offering prayers. As she is a devoted Christian, she did not offer any incense. One thing to highlight is the ticket we bought via internet was very expensive. The printed price was only less than 400 HKD but actually we paid 3X more for this, and it will be the first and last time to go here unless I happen to be there and tickets happen to be readily available. Paying for that price is really crazy.








Choong
24 August 2019
Home

No comments: