Saturday, March 15, 2014

贱人-Jianren

Basically, you do not have an exact translation for these words, it can be literally translated to "slut", but slut can only represent a portion of this. In chinese, this means more than that. It can be a person without moral, it can be a person who cheats, a person who hurts other people intentionally, a person who does not know what friendship is all about, a person who betrays just anyone...a person who is just being selfish, and these words are very strong....very strong to describe what kind of person he or she is.....
But sometimes, it can be used as a joke to describe good friends, kind of pulling their legs.....

During my years in China, close to 6 years, and especially in my final year there and when problem occurs or happens, you can see some of them are behaving in this manner, esp people in big cities.
These can happen among colleagues, as I think they can sort of betrayed you, there is no loyalty in terms of friendships, and not the kind that will be able to come out, and stand up and speak out loud in providing that type of emotional and morale support. You have none of those in these kind of jianren.
Not only they do not contribute, they will find all sort of ways to harm you, or they will use their position, their authority to harm you, your circle of colleagues or friends.....
Sometimes, you might not be able to understand why they think in this manner, sometimes, you think you understood and you try to understand the situation they are in, but sometimes, you just to slap them hard in their Fxxxing face, cause they are really inhumane.
But most of the time, I just need to console yourself, it is past and present, it is Karma, and you need to be patient, and you need to think of the future.....you do not want to meet them in your future lives, hence you got to let go, you got to forgive........

To these jianren that I have came across, I only wish you well, though sometime, I do lose my patience, but when I think of the way I was brought up, my education, my believe in Buddhism, I will forgive and let go. But I hope, really hope, that you will see how these had affected people, and how your actions, your "jian' ness will come back to your lives, and hope it will open your eyes, and your inner heart will want to repent for all those actions.....

Choong
KL

No comments: