Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cheju Island-South Korea

Last Friday, I flew back from Seoul Korea and now, I am back to South Korea, this time, very south of South Korea (according to my Colleague, the southern most of South Korea is an island called Mara), and the place is called Cheju Island or Jeju Island, the Hawaii of South Korea.

Arrived around 3Pm, and Cheju Island airport is very small, but then again, you have many Chinese visitors coming here, and as anywhere else, when you have Chinese tourists, you have very loud voice. But then I cannot complain too much, for I am considered a Chinese too, though a Malaysianised version.

We arrived at Shilla hotel, very nice, next to seaside.
And visited two place, that is the cliff and also the waterfall, and I was made to understand that they have 3 unesco listings in Cheju Island alone. Shall update more when I have the chance to blog more.

Here are a few pictures to share:








Early X'mas tree, in the hotel lobby. Red and green, though picture quality was not good, but X'mas mood is here






Look at the background of this picture, the bridge


I like the fruits if this tree, reddish and beautiful



The hotel room, took it immediately when I checked in


The pool view, outside my room, and they have a band playing music at nite time, stop at 10pm sharp. Jazz mainly


The beachview, Hyatt hotel is next to it


The welcoming chocolate, almost half empty now, haha.

And then, early dinner, and seafood was good. They have their own Abolone, but I do not like Abolone so much, sorry about that. Hei, they have sword fish, of what we called ikan parang in Malaysia. It is a delicacy here, but I can recall that we can buy this fish quite cheap in Malaysia, not sure now.

And finally, I went for my swimming. The interesting part of the pool is that, it is partially outdoor, and partially indoor, and both are interconnected, and it is nice to swim in the outdoor pool, when temperature is only 10 degree C, but luckily, it the water is heated.........haha.


Choong
Shilla hotel, room 661
Cheju Island
South Korea

No comments: