Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Personal Note

Now, I am waiting the the Krisflyer Golden lounge, changi airport, and since a little bit time more before I fly off to Beijing, might as well write a bit here. This time around, I think I spent a lot of quality time, with friends, with ex-colleagues, with family members, etc. It is a meaningful trip, though I mentioned that I might not want to come back to celebrate CNY here, as dad is no longer around. But still, it means a lot, to be back. But at the same time, I also found it to be a bit annoying, of the following reasons: 1) Property prices are moving up steeply, but the general laymen salaries are not. 2) Cost of living are increasing a lot, and our salaries are not. 3) The feeling of not being that safe, you hear it every where you go, and friends remind you to be back home earlier. Before I left, I also of houses being broken into, despite there are people in the house, which makes me wonder..... 4) People start doubting about other people, start having a lot of question marks in the face. take for example, I was parking my car at Pavillion, and was searching for the main entrance, and in front of me was a lady walking in the same direction. And when she found out I was behind her, she was hesitating. You know, when people are suspicious of others, it is not very good. Another example, my niece told me, a couple was withdrawing money from a ATM machine at a petrol station, and while the husband withdraw the money, the wife have to look around, to make sure everything is fine. ANd another incident, my Niece were at Kepong station, and someone asked for her mobile phone, and yet that person was holding two mobile phones of his own, telling her, his phones are not working. Do we lend him or go we not? I am not sure, out society has grown to the stage that we need to be too careful and suspicious, This to me is not good. 5) While driving from Jalan SUltan Ismail towards Jalan Kuching, enroute to Selayang, I found the wrote condition to be quite bad, with many holes,,,it needs to be resurfaced and tarred. Five years ago, when I was working here, it was very good condition. 6) People are not reading much books these days, only playing around with their smart phones and surfing internet, this again is not good. 7) The quality of our English standard has dropped a lot, even at the airport. 8) I found also at some smaller towns, we have lots of foreigners around....even they start taking care of stalls in Pasar Malam, mending the operation, cooking, or selling at Hawkers centres. Are we having them for convenience sake or do we really need them because we really do. I am not sure, but judging from this trend, I think it is not a healthy type of development. 9) Too many Mainland Chinese are here buying up properties, it is good for the economy but definitely not good for us the locals. I visited some development sites, and found that they built very big sizes, valued at above RM 1 Million, and some ranging from 1-8 Millions. WHo are buying them, or who can afford them? 10) Quality of our foods are dropping, despite increase in the prices, take for examples, nasi lemak sold at road sides, priced at RM 1.20 perpack. In our school days, it is less than 50 sen, and yet the sambal ikan bilis tasted so good.... Which makes me wonder and makes me worried. Choong Singapore 19 February 2013

1 comment:

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
I never saw any of them again. When my visit was over I joined the rest of my family at Fluellen on the Lake of Lucerne. Thence my brother Andrew and I walked to the top of the St