Thursday, June 23, 2011

Malaysian Airlines (MAS)

Mesti Ada Sebab-sebab(Must be having reasons...)

Sister, Nancy and niece, Natasha were here. They flew directly from KL to Beijing. And when they booked, I have my doubts about MAS. You see, I have been in Beijing for 3.5 years, and never once I flew with MAS, simple because I never trusted MAS, esp. with their economical class service. Putting service aside, I never trusted their punctuality,.............that is an important service.
And I was proven to be true. Sister was suppose to flew off from KL at 9am, but they left only around 11am, and I have to rescheduled my company twice for airport due to this change. But that was not the worse case. The worst was that, yesterday, they were suppose to fly back with ETA at 9am. So, woke up at 5am, showered, waiting for my company driver around 6am (they were excited to leave) and then, left from my place at 6,30am, reached airport (T2, Beijing) around 7,15am, and I got message from Natasha that flight time were delayed until 4pm. And they were sent to a hotel in Lido, Beijing.
WHy was there no information from MAS via phone (like sms or email or even calling up to inform them in advance? I am sure they knew about this, right). And at 2pm I called sis, and she said, they will leave around 4pm from hotel. And they finally flew off around 6.30pm, reaching KL around 12.05am. Wonderful feeling, isn't?
So, would you want to fly with MAS? Not for me. 6-7 years ago, when i was based in KL, MAS was frequently used, but it was perfectly fine still, though the service in economical class was not that good, business class was superb, I simply miss the Satay sauce.....warm and delicious.
Most of the time, SIA is my favorite, even though I need to connect via S'pore, there has never been any flight delay, never even once, and they arrive on time, even if there was a slight delay of departure time (caused by air traffic control in beijing). The next one I prefer to use is Thai Airways, out of also convenience. Cathay pacific would be the next one. MAS, not unless they improve on their punctuality and other problems they have for now.

No comments: