Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Trip to Portugal 2018-LisbonBragaPortoCoimbraLagosLisbon-Transit London (Part 1)


Portugal Trip 28th May-13 June 2018

The plan to come over to visit Portugal was in my thought a few years ago, but then just didn’t happen, until last year, where a clear schedule and time has been roughly planned, hence, start on the airticket sourcing (within the budget I allocated for this trip). I am not really of the IT resourceful, apps efficient or Millenia who are very good in finding the cheapest ticket around, as long as it is not budget airline, not so much on the limitation on Meals and cargo allowance, then I am fine. And to cut it short, also with the help of FB, I finally decided to use PYO to get my British Airways ticket, hence the fixed travel itinerary, that is from KL-London-Lisbon-London-KL. And from KL, of course via our famous ETS.

Flight to Lisbon, via London
Dinner made by sis, took it at the airport before departure


KL-London
It takes about 13 hours of flight from KL to London, and using economy class, is really tiring for sure. But nevertheless, I managed to sleep a few hours in between, skipping my dinner (it was already midnite) and only ate my breakfast. Landed safely at London Heathrow airport, and the last time I was here was like at least 8 years ago, I think, and I think Heathrow airport has changed a bit in terms of its size. For the flight from KL to London, it is categorised as World Traveller, and once I reached London, changed to regional T3 terminal, where the flight sector is categorised as Euro Traveller. For the former, meals are provided whereas, for the latter, no meals or drinks are provided and the aircraft size for sure is smaller. Waited for about 1 hour 30 mins before boarding for the next flight, enough time to post a few pictures using airport WIFI which is quite good, and also the airport washroom. Boarding on timely but departure was a bit delayed, hence arrival time to Lisbon.

At London airport, transiting for Lisbon.

Lisbon
The first is the airport, Lisbao airport to me is relatively small in size, and once we are in the arrival hall, there were a long Q lying up to cross the immigration border. If you are European passport holders, then things would be easier as you need not queue up, and for our foreign passports, the Q was about 1 hour slightly. And then when we were out, the baggage collection area, it was again, a bit misleading, as we could not find out cargo carousel, and after checking with the kind customer service officer, we found our baggage which  were already offloaded from the carousel due to the time spent at the immigration. Nevertheless, everything else was pleasant starting with the immigration office asking if I were in Portugal for tour and my answer is “Si”, yes.Coming out from the baggage claim area, we moved to the tourism information counter, to get the metroline and also to get our daily tour pass of which, the information was obtained prior to our traveling.

1st view from the air

Lisbao airport upon landing

                                                   At Lisbon airport immigration-Long queue


 Choong
Portugal 2018-part 1


No comments: