Monday, August 29, 2011

Tokyo Metrolines and Subways

If you have the chance to be here in Tokyo, then try to go for some rides with the subway system they have, it is very punctual and reliable. But this is not my point here. What I am trying to suggest here is that try to use the subway system around midnite, of which I tried last nite or in fact early this morning, for experience. They last train of the day would end at 1am, and around 12midnight, you still have lots of people in the metrolines, Amazing, don't you think so? I just wondering who these people were doing so late, on Sunday night? We have the 24 hours mamak stores back in Malaysia, but here, I do not think so. Hence, I have been wondering? Shopping? Shop closed at around 8.30PM. So, I am not, just curious......But I think it is good that people do not need to drive, can have fun, and then again, able to go back home with cheaper mode of transportation.

The other night, on Saturday, I was out for the fireworks display in Tokyo city, and the crowd, my friend say was around 1 Million, and yet, the public transportation was in superb service. They do not have any problem to manage this. Anyway, I am not surprised with their proper SOPs in place, :).


Choong,
Tokyo

No comments: