Monday, September 6, 2010

Being Sick in China

I had some food poisoning, the first so serious one, for the last whole week, and vomited at least times, almost not a single particle left in my stomach, and as a consequences of that, my stomach muscle was hurt (I suppose, after consulting Dr. Kevin), and as a result of that, I was having a lot of cramping pains, that is almost unbearable esp. during my sleeping time. You almost automatically woke up yourself, every 30 mins or so, and the pain is so unbearable, that you almost felt sometimes, hell is close by, or how you wish that is your final breath......and sweating heavily everytime this excruciating pain is killing you silently.
At first I thought my gastric pain came back, and was wondering or not, to visit a doctor, but hesitated, because western medication does not help in handling gastric pain. Only Chinese herbs do, from my past experience. I was cured many years back with this chinese medicine from my gastritis. Hence, I ruled this out. But after self observing for sometime, I think it is not due to Gastritis, it should be something else, and if I had called Dr. Kevin earlier, may be if helps me better.
But anyway, I have learned this lesson, the hard way.
And the funny thing is, the two medicine recommended by Dr. Kevin is not easily available from the normal pharmacies, both spasmonal and buscopan, which sometimes, make me feel very annoyed. A big country like this, but basic medication is not easily available for the patients.
And as an alternative, I have seen a local chinese taifu, chinese physician. Consultation fees is RMB 30, and medication cost around RM 203. Does it come cheap? You to judge.

Choong, Beijing

2 comments:

Devil said...

If medication didn't help (west or herb), better do thorough examination at hospital. However,priceof exam may be high, which is well known in China.

JJ said...

take good care....